Saturday, June 21, 2008

Spring Into Summer Boutique! June 28th 10-4 pm

I am currently preparing myself to participate in my first boutique!  I  have been working pretty hard to get 5 Elee Statues completed as ideas for custom orders.  I plan on selling them for $250 each, and I may give a discount at the boutique.  I am also going to make up a bunch of prints to sell,  and I will even sell some cards.  I have a lot of work to do to finish everything up, but I am excited.  Here are pictures of the finished elephants:  



Margaret: The original.  She loves to dance.  Being a rugged, chubby elephant has never stopped her from being beautiful.  She loves to be admired.  She admires. She loves her friends and most of all, her family.  









Penelope: She is a sweet-heart.  She won the crown of Miss Africa despite terrible odds.  Miss Lioness was the shoe-in with her sly, sleek ways, but Penelope has heart.  Her tender soul out-shined all.










Truman:  You are what you pretend.  Fake it till you make it. Truman loves the great outdoors, but he doesn't have to be there to enjoy himself.  Truman's imagination takes him places no one else can see.  And though it is pretend, to him and the birds, he is true to himself and what he creates. 









Susanna: Don't you cry for her.  She is a hefty elephant who practically breaks the tight rope every time she walks on it, but if it breaks, she will tie up a new one.  She doesn't let obstacles stop her from doing what she loves.










Harriet: The gymnast.  Harriet can stand on her front foot without supports. Her gymnastics teacher told her that she had never seen anyone her size do much in gymnastics (let alone stand up on her front leg), but that was before Harriet was in her class.  Harriet does it, and makes it look easy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

F.A.B.L.O.U.S!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you are doing. Love the story with you work. I am inspired just reading about Susanna and Harriet. YOU GO GIRL - YOU GO! Arlene, the Cheerleader.

Unknown said...

YOur description of your Elle's is so cute. It cracks me up. Keep going with this Jen...i think you have found a nitch!

Aunt BArb here...cheering you on!

p.s. YOu and Heber have something special!